The course is organized by the Department of Science and Methods for Engineering of the University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, in cooperation with RCF SpA, a leading international manufacturer of professional sound products and systems.
The primary goal is to provide engineers with a specific knowledge of the state-of-the-art technologies related to sound, transducers and speaker systems and their applications in the professional market. The course is organized in modules taking the participants through a learning process from the basis of electro-acoustics components like transducers, amplifiers and digital processors till the design of a complete audio project based on a real case study. An international reference project carried out by RCF engineers will be used as a studying guideline to be followed during the course.
The learning topics are grouped into four modules as follows:
- Environmental Acoustics in open air and inner spaces including design and simulation methods.
- Transducers and speaker systems including clusters, arrays and point source configurations.
- Electronics including circuit analysis, filters, amplifiers and DSP.
- Sound systems design including practical experiences in measurements, listening tests and tuning.
The technical contents provided in this University course will be completed by the direct experience of RCF laboratories, since 1949 involved in the design, manufacturing and market applications of professional products and systems for theatres, concerts, auditoriums, airports, cruise ships, shopping malls, cinemas, stadia.
- Department of Science and Methods for Engineering
University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy :: www.dismi.unimore.it
- RCF SpA, via Raffaello 13, Reggio Emilia, Italy :: www.rcf.it
Prof. Luca Larcher
Department of Science and Methods for Engineering - University of Modena and Reggio Emilia.